[gmx-users] umbrella sampling

Qian Wang qwang at mail.uh.edu
Sat Jul 30 18:05:33 CEST 2011

Thanks very much.
I am sorry I did not describe my question very clear. In my system, I am going to obtain three things. (1) the free energy versus distance, which I can obtain from g_wham. (2) the free energy versus, eg, the radius of gyration of the object A. (3) the 2-D free energy as a function of the radius of gyration of A and the radius of gyration of B. I do not know how to get (2) and (3).
Your first method can help me obtain (2), but I can not obtain (3) because then it needs a 3-D WHAM code, am I correct? For your second method, I do not quite understand how to re-weighting using the F-values from 1D-WHAM. Could you please explain it? Thanks.

Sincerely,
Qian