[gmx-users] Can't unfold the protein

Hsin-Lin Chiang jiangsl at phys.sinica.edu.tw
Thu Jun 16 18:48:22 CEST 2011

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your reply.
My protein is very stable.

I simulated it in 300ns in 300K before but there was almost no change.
That's why I want to do denaturation now.

I want to start a new simulation on the protein which is unfolded.
And I'll read the paper you told me.
Thank you.

But I don't understand what you recommend me to do.
You use 3000K on your protein and the protein unfolded.
I use 600K on my protein but the system explode(box become very big and protein locate at corner).

I saw the second way on this web,
http://manual.gromacs.org/online/protunf.html
But it also useless to me.

And in my mdp I use thermostat and barostat, which means my system is NPT.
Does anything wrong in my methods?

Sincerely yours,

Hsin-Lin