[gmx-users] Gromacs to Amber trajectory

Raja Pandian chemistryraj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 06:02:25 CEST 2011

Dear All,

I have created Amber input file (.prmtop and .rst7) using Xleap. And then I
have converted this input file into Gromacs input file format (*.gro and
*.top) with amb2gmx.pl script. I did simulation using Gromacs Package (Amber
Force Field). Now I would like to convert Gromacs trajectory file to Amber
trajectory file format. So that I can easily analyses this trajectory. I
tried to convert Gromacs (.xtc) trajectory file to Amber (.mdcrd) trajectory
file using VMD. This VMD converted trajectory is not working fine for DCCM
(Dynamic cross correlation Matrix) analysis.

Now i'm trying to convert Gromacs trajectory into dcd format, and then use
ptraj to read the dcd file and write the mdcrd  (or AMBER netcdf)
trajectory.

Example:

-----------

 [1] Gromacs20ns.xtc à nojump.xtc (using trjcat/trjconv)

[2] nojump.xtc à amber20ns.dcd (using VMD)

[3] Ptraj file conversion

trajin amber20ns.dcd

trajout amber20ns.nc netcdf

(or)

Is it necessary to do image for this file.

trajin test.dcd

center origin

image origin center

trajout amber20ns.nc netcdf

Is this correct procedure?

I want to do DCCM (Dynamic cross correlation analysis).

DCCM Ptraj file

----------------

trajin test.rst7

trajin amber20ns.nc

strip :WAT

strip :Cl-

center :1-85 origin

image origin center

matrix correl name corr @CA out amber20ns.dccm byres

If you have any ptraj file format for this.

 Actually i did simulation based on NPT ensemble. Is it necessary to mention
the BOX dimensions in any were in the dcd file creation?

Already i tried to convert Gromacs trajectory into PDB (total trajectory)
but it is not working well for the analysis purpose of AMBER.

Eagerly waiting for your suggestion

Regards
Raja