[gmx-users] 2. Re: GROMACS/ORCA QMMM (Jose Tusell)

Christoph Riplinger cri at thch.uni-bonn.de
Thu Nov 24 17:59:23 CET 2011

Dear Jose,

I just installed the 4.5.5. version and the calculation runs ok for me!
But I did change the ORCAINFO file:
First of all you should clean your ORCAINFO file. Remove
!QMMMOpt COPT
and remove
!EnGrad
Otherwise the program might get confused about doing a single point and
gradient calculation only. I.e. as stated in the manual, you should only
give information on the electronic structure calculation method and
basis set in the ORCAINFO file. Gromacs itself will put the
!QMMMOpt
keyword, if you request
bOpt = yes
Otherwise Gromacs puts
!EnGrad

Furthermore, you chose !COPT in the ORCAINFO file. Do you want to have
the optimization done in cartesian coordinates? I would suggest you do
the optimization in internal coordinates. This runs usually faster. Did
you try the optimization in internal coordinates?

Hope that helps,
Christoph