[gmx-users] make_ndx and rdf

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 3 16:53:10 CEST 2011

oguz gurbulak wrote:
> Dear Justin,
>
> Of course I tried  typing "help" at the make_ndx prompt but I couldn't
> generate a .ndx file for my purposes.  I strongly need expert help for

OK, you didn't say that.  You said you tried the mailing list, manual, and the
wiki was unavailable.  The "help" prompt is the best option.  If you don't state
everything you tried, I'm going to go with the remaining option(s) :)

> using make_ndx tool. I'm trying to generate .ndx file for more than one
> week. Finally I decided to ask it to mailing list. So I will be
> appreciate for any help.

For example, water oxygens (assuming SOL is group 2, as you said)

2 & a OW

Water hydrogens

2 & a H*

All carbon atoms in group 1