[gmx-users] RE: NVT EQUILIBRATION

Dallas Warren Dallas.Warren at monash.edu
Thu Oct 6 00:42:15 CEST 2011

Keep the discussion to the emailing list please.

How many molecules that is required you can calculate yourself.  What is the density?  You know the volume, therefore you can calculate yourself how many molecules should be in that space, simple calculation.  You should also be able to eye ball based on the coordinate file you mentioned that was full of voids.  If the voids take up about half of the box, you need roughly double the number of molecules, quarter, then you need 33% more.  Plus, you can do it via trial and error, but the density calculation is the way to go.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Action
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3010
dallas.warren at monash.edu
+61 3 9903 9304