[gmx-users] grompp error

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Oct 8 03:44:19 CEST 2011

Mark Abraham wrote:

>> ; water topology
>> #include "tip3p.itp"
>
> grompp is not detecting the change of [moleculetype], so you will have
> to look at the contents of that tip3p.itp and see why. I think you will
> need to #include some standard force field to get the water parameters.
> Put the #include for tip3p.itp above your [moleculetype] to get some
> different diagnostics that may be more helpful.

I think the problem is due to the fact that tip3p.itp in $GMXLIB does not
#include the proper file in the Amber directory.  The series of #ifdefs (none of
which can be satisfied in this topology, anyway) cover only Gromos and OPLS.

Try #include "amber03.ff/tip3p.itp" or something similar for whichever Amber
force field you want to use.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar