[gmx-users] Re: reasons for slow computation?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 12 01:56:06 CEST 2011

On 12/10/2011 3:48 AM, Yun Shi wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I am not quite sure. While the "details" are different, I guess it is
> still valid to compare some statistical properties, right? For
> example, I should still be able to compare the average COM distance of
> these two ligands over long trajectories, and make the conclusion that
> one is better than the other since the distance is smaller. So should
> I be able to compare any averaged, or say, clustered properties?

It's like comparing a bench experiment done with the same method on
Monday by Bill with one done on Tuesday by Mary. Each of them stirred
their reaction vessel a different number of times under a different
phase of the moon, but if full mixing of the reagents occurred both
times, the results can be compared.

Mark