[gmx-users] lipid membrane slicing

Poojari, Chetan c.poojari at fz-juelich.de
Tue Oct 11 19:20:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have protein completely inserted into lipid membrane and would like to study order parameter around the protein as well as away from the protein.

For this I would like to slice my membrane into parts.

I tried the following command:

g_order -s *.tpr -f *.xtc -n sn1.ndx -d z -od deuter_sn1.xvg -sl 2

The output i get from this is as same as the one where i dont use -sl 2 flag and it also doesnt show the different parts it has used for order parameter calculation.

Please can I know how to slice my lipid membrane so that i can study order parameter for each part separately.

Kind Regards,
chetan

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt