[gmx-users] Pressure very high with chloroform and gromacs-4.5.5

Nuno Azoia nazoia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:04:01 CEST 2011

Thank you Mark for your answer!

I agree with you when you say that the high pressure is not itself a
problem. To avoid that problem I change my system from 1000 molecules
to 27000 molecules, and the pressure change from several thousands to
several hundreds bar.
What I found very strange was the increasing volume (and pressure). My
system is very unstable, I know, because the density is very low, and
not the opposite, so I was expecting to see the box getting smaller.
Looking to the trajectory I can see a box almost empty (with empty I
mean empty space, with chloroform molecules aggregating in small
droplets), and that's why I found the system behavior very strange.

I will follow your suggestion concerning nsttcouple and nstpcouple and
the other initial conditions.

Nuno Azoia