[gmx-users] mktop

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Oct 12 19:38:17 CEST 2011

ram bio wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users,
>
> I am using opls FF for my protein-ligand simulations in lipid bilayer. I
> have  generated the topologies for the ligand using MKtop. The output
> from the MKTOP gives the top file, but not the coordinate/structure
> file. Please let me know if any tutorial is available for merging the
> output of mktop into gromacs MD simulation.

You can #include any molecule topology in a system .top, provided you have the
right format:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/File_Formats/.itp_File

There is no tutorial for using mktop with a protein-ligand/membrane system, but
there are tutorials for protein-ligand complexes:

http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/complex/index.html

and membrane protein systems:

http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/membrane_protein/index.html

Justin A. Lemkul