Fwd: [gmx-users] mktop

ram bio rmbio861 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 20:22:20 CEST 2011

Dear Justin,

Thanks for the information.

Initially, i just wanted to run a simulation of protein-ligand in water
solvent . I renamed the topology.top generated from mktop to ligand.itp; and
included the ligand.itp line in the topol.top file generated from the
pdb2gmx. During the pdb2gmx command, i used opls FF.  The coordinates of
ligand used as input for mktop were added to the output of pdb2gmx
(process.pdb - only protein coordinates), so that the structure file along
with ligand coordinates (processlig.pdb) can be used for further steps.  I
doubt whether the procedure followed by me is correct, as when i execute
grompp command to add ions i am getting errors :

grompp -f ions.mdp -c procentsolv.gro -p topol.top -o ions.tpr

ERROR 1 [file ligand.itp, line 291]:
  No default Ryckaert-Bell. types

Program grompp, VERSION 4.5.4
Source code file: toppush.c, line: 1526

Fatal error:
[ file ligand.itp, line 397 ]:
Atom index (0) in dihedrals out of bounds (1-53).
This probably means that you have inserted topology section "dihedrals"
in a part belonging to a different molecule than you intended to.
In that case move the "dihedrals" section to the right molecule.

The commands executed to reach the grompp step are as follows:

pdb2gmx -f jhcdyinteractionposea.pdb -ignh -o process.pdb
editconf -f processlig.pdb -o procent.pdb -princ
editconf -f procent.pdb -o procent.gro -c -d 1.0 -bt cubic
genbox -cp procent.gro -cs spc216.gro -o procentsolv.gro -p topol.top
grompp -f ions.mdp -c procentsolv.gro -p topol.top -o ions.tpr

I have attached the topol.top, ligand.itp  files for your information,
Please let me know your suggestions to fix this error.

Thanks,
Pramod