[gmx-users] Charmm27 ff for membrane protein simulation

Thomas Piggot t.piggot at soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 18 21:06:31 CEST 2011

By default in the CHARMM27 force field files there is no DPPC, as this
is made up from a combination of other entries in the rtp file (because
this is the way it is done in the CHARMM program's files). If you wish
to use DPPC you can construct yourself a complete DPPC rtp entry. To do
this you it is probably easiest to duplicate the DMPC entry and add the
corresponding atoms and bonds for two extra carbons in each tail.

Alternatively you could use the CHARMM36 force field (available to
download from the contributions section of the website), there should
already be an entry for DPPC.

Cheers

Tom

--