[gmx-users] Lyzosyme with ligand tutorial

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 24 22:14:48 CEST 2011

James Starlight wrote:
> Justin,
>
> I've used trjconv -pbc mol -ur compact
> but the final picture was still wrong :(
>
> So I think that something happened with my box  because
>
> 1- If the cubic representation is set on default why other .gro
> structures were visualized in VMD in dodecahedral box on default ?

VMD always defaults to a triclinic representation (since that is what is stored
in Gromacs by default) unless the PBC is wrapped with -pbc mol -ur compact.  If
VMD truly produces the pseudospherical shape, then trjconv was invoked somewhere
along the way.

> 2- Why the pereodic boundaries were distorded in the next stage after
> NPT   (production MD) that my structure were outside the box on half ? I
> want to point that on MD stage the box were dodecahedral again like in
> the NVT and other stages but my structure was in wrong position.

I don't understand this statement.  You should also note that a periodic box has
no "outside."  Perhaps it would be useful to post images online.  If you choose
to do so, please follow bullet point #4 here:

http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists#Mailing_List_Etiquette

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar