[gmx-users] Simulation of membrane protein

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 17:00:01 CET 2011

I've done all of that
i have "posre_lipid.itp" - for 1 lipid ( posres for each of 50 atoms )

I've included this in the topology of the bilayer

; Include chain topologies
#include "gromos53a6_lipid.ff/forcefield.itp"
#include "dppc.itp"

; Include water topology
#include "gromos53a6_lipid.ff/spc.itp"

; Include ion topologies
#include "gromos53a6_lipid.ff/ions.itp"

#ifdef POSRES_LIPID
#include "posre_lipid.itp"
#endif

; System specifications
[ system ]
128-Lipid DMPC Bilayer in water

[ molecules ]
; molecule name nr.
DPPC 64
SOL              1193
SOL               690

Also I've tried to make posre for whole system ( large posres ) but it also
was finished with same error

Fatal error:
[ file posre_lipid.itp, line 6 ]:
Atom index (2) in position_restraints out of bounds (1-1).
This probably means that you have inserted topology section
"position_restraints"
in a part belonging to a different molecule than you intended to.
In that case move the "position_restraints" section to the right molecule.

What's most true for such multy system. Generate posre only for 1 part or
for whole system?

James