[gmx-users] Jarzinsky's inequality from SMD simulation

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Oct 31 18:36:04 CET 2011

Laura Kingsley wrote:
> Yes, I believe that is correct. I know that this is one way to get the
> PMF using Gromacs. I am not sure if there is a way to use the Jarzinsky
> equation explicitly to extract the PMF from just a sMD run with Gromacs.

One approach:

http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2011-August/063477.html

I've never tried it, so I don't know if that is correct or not.  Go to
http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search and search for "Jarzynski"
and you will pull up more on this topic.

-Justin

> On 10/31/2011 01:29 PM, Sanku M wrote:
>> using SMD simulation. What is does that it uses SMD to generate the
>> initial configurations for different windows and then perform umbrella
>> sampling separately on each windows to subsequently extract the PMF
>> using WHAM based on the data set on umbrella sampling.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee