[gmx-users] Re: Adding New Residue to the Gromos 53.6 ff

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Aug 6 08:58:35 CEST 2012

On 6/08/2012 4:11 PM, James Starlight wrote:
> Mark,
>

> I suppose that the most trivial way to include such external
> topologies is the placement of the ITP file at the bottom of the
> topol.top file ( and addition of two covalent bonds with the adjcent
> residues in case of GFP chromophore ) like in any potein-ligan system.

No, because bonded interactions can only occur within a [moleculetype].

> I think that it must be some script foe convertion itp ro rtp because
> both of that formats have a lot of differenties so the manually
> editing in case of big HET group is very routinely.

For the ~25 atoms of the GFP chromophore, given a reliable .itp of
Ace-Gly-Cro-Gly-Nme or something, producing an .rtp entry by hand is a
job of up to half an hour, if you understand the .rtp format.
Particularly if the bonded interactions are from the main forcefield,
you've only got to describe atom types, connectivity and charge.

You could make a feature request of the ATB people for .rtp output
(which might come with supplemental forcefield .itp files).

Mark