[gmx-users] simmulated annealing excess temperature........................

tarak karmakar tarak20489 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 18:57:31 CEST 2012

Dear All,

In my simulation I want the temperature of the system to be reached at
300 K only after 3 ps. But after 3ps I see temperature became 402 K.
So am I doing any mistake in the '.mdp' file given below?

define                = -DFLEXIBLE
constraints        = h-bonds
integrator          = sd
dt                        = 0.001          ; 1fs
nsteps               = 3000           ; 3ps
nstcomm           = 1
nstxout              = 1000           ; frequency to write coordinates
to output trajectory
nstvout              = 0              ; frequency to write velocities
to output trajectory; the last velocities are always written
nstfout               = 0              ; frequency to write forces to
output trajectory
nstlog                = 10             ; frequency to write energies to log file
nstenergy         = 100 ; frequency to write energies to edr file
nstcalcenergy  = 100
vdwtype            = cut-off
coulombtype    = cut-off
pbc                    = no