[gmx-users] simmulated annealing excess temperature........................

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 16 19:03:25 CEST 2012

On 8/16/12 12:57 PM, tarak karmakar wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> In my simulation I want the temperature of the system to be reached at
> 300 K only after 3 ps. But after 3ps I see temperature became 402 K.
> So am I doing any mistake in the '.mdp' file given below?

You have a few.

1. You should not run MD with flexible water.
2. Finite cutoffs lead to rounding errors and accumulation of heat.  This is
most likely the source of your problem.  I seem to recall Mark (or maybe someone
else) already told you about this point.

-Justin

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080