[gmx-users] Re: RMSF error when fitting to average structure

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 16 21:24:18 CEST 2012

On 8/16/12 3:19 PM, tdgrant1 wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> I did indeed correct for periodic boundary conditions prior to running rmsf,
> so I'm not sure what the problem would be there.

The message you got was a warning, not an error.  The warning is generic and is
printed by any Gromacs program that does not receive a .tpr file passed to the
-s flag.  It is not necessarily indicative of any problem but is written to be
helpful to the user.

> Is there any way of producing an average structure from rmsf (or any other
> program for that matter) that is not output as a .pdb file but as a .tpr
> file?

You can easily produce a .tpr file from any coordinate file using an existing
topology and .mdp file.  Coordinate files are not generally written in .tpr format.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080