[gmx-users] GROMACS command for energy calculation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Aug 27 01:53:25 CEST 2012

On 8/26/12 7:44 PM, Acoot Brett wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am still confused and I hope I can get some detailed explaination. For example, I want to determine the interaction energy between residue 52 and residue 105, how should I set energyggryp and what is the related commands?
>
> And if I want to determine the interaction energy between residue 52 in China A and residue 8 in Chain B, what will be the difference?
>
> You can also tell me a internet link on it.

The help information from make_ndx is what you need.  Type "help" at the prompt
(without quotes) and you will see examples.

For instance, to select residue 52 of chain A:

ch A & r 52

That creates a group that you can then use as an energygrp in the .mdp file.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080