[gmx-users] RE: Looking for GPU benchmarks

Mathieu38 mathieu.dubois at bull.net
Mon Aug 27 17:34:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

The thing is that I am a benchmarker and I have no knowledge of the
physics behind GROMACS. My goal is to demonstrate the interest (or not)
in using GPUs for a customer test case.

So my idea would be to do one run using the CPU only version of GROMACS,
then modify the input file to add “cutoff-scheme = Verlet” and run the
GPU version.

I am not sure how to modify any other parameters without changing the
physics of the problem.

Regards,

Mathieu Dubois

Hardware Accelerators expert

Applications & Performances Team

tel : +33 (0)4.76.29.70.56

BULL, Architect of An Open World

http://www.bull.com

P Pensez à l’environnement avant d’imprimer / Before printing, think
about the environment.