[gmx-users] Re: Cross-correlation maps

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 08:52:42 CEST 2012

Hey,

In addition to Newton's cradle, there's also Columbus' egg. To make it
stand, you smash it slightly, pressing one end. If you do PCA on that,
you'll find a collective motion involving both the smashed end as well
as the opposite, unscathed end. That accounts for the greater part of
the global, end-to-end collective motions you see when you analyze the
backbone. You don't have that when looking at the more subtle side
chain motions.

Cheers,

Tsjerk