[gmx-users] CHARMM36 - Smaller Area per lipid for POPE - Why?

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 15 17:44:23 CEST 2012

Dear David:

If the two leaflets are moving with respect to each other (along the bilayer plane), then why would this be artificial?
I have also seen this (diffusive) motion, and in addition to wondering why you would call it artificial, it seems to me
that the motion would have to be many orders of magnitude larger than is observed
in simulations for it to affect the temperature.
Subtracting the COM of each leaflet separately is not only impossible, but inadvisable.

Chris.