[gmx-users] Npt equilibration of the membrane-mimicking CCl4 layer

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Feb 14 16:11:49 CET 2012

On 14/02/2012 11:01 PM, James Starlight wrote:
> This also was solved by the some extra minimisation steps.
>

> I've forced with another problem :D
>
> During npt equilibration my system have slightly expanded so my
> desired volume and density were perturbed.
>
> I've noticed the below options in npt wich could help me
>
> ref_p        = 1 1
> compressibility = 4.5e-5
>
>  i'm using this compressibility value   because I'm modelling the
> lipid-like environment so I think that I must increase pressure.
> Could you remind me the dependence of pressure from density and volume
> for liquids ? :)

Your forcefield, simulation cell contents and .mdp settings will
determine the equilibrium density. Whether you need to do anything
depends on whether you've made a statistically significant
post-equilibration measurement of your average density. Haphazardly
increasing the reference pressure for the coupling will reduce the
volume, but now you are simulating at that pressure. See
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Pressure for background
info.

Mark