[gmx-users] error with grompp

reisingere at rostlab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de reisingere at rostlab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Mon Jul 2 11:00:34 CEST 2012

Content of the ipt3p.itp file:

; This file is for backward compatibility only.
; Please directly include the tip3p.itp file from your force field directory.
#ifdef _FF_GROMACS
#include "gmx.ff/tip3p.itp"
#endif
#ifdef _FF_GROMOS96
#include "gromos43a1.ff/tip3p.itp"
#endif
#ifdef _FF_OPLS
#include "oplsaa.ff/tip3p.itp"
#endif

I additionally included the dum.itp file since grompp seems not to "read"
the changes I made in the several files. I still get the error that the
atomtype "DUM" is not known.

The dummy atoms in the .gro file look like this:
314DUM    DUM 4942   4.007   4.409   4.090

my changes are:

atomtypes.atp:
DU                 1.00000      ; Dummy atom for the membrane
DUM                1.00000

ffnonbonded.itp:
DU           0       1.0000  0.0000  A   0.00000e+00  0.00000e+00
DUM          0       1.0000  0.0000  A   0.00000e+00  0.00000e+00

aminoacids.rtp:
[ DUM ]
 [ atoms ]
   DUM  DU              0.00    1

residuetypes.dat:
DUM     Protein

vdwradii.dat:
???  D     0.15

Is there any problem why it should not "read" my changes?