[gmx-users] PMF trails off to infinity.

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jul 2 22:38:49 CEST 2012

On 7/2/12 4:30 PM, Laura Kingsley wrote:
> Just for clarification, the PMF is read from right to left and the force profile
> is read from left to right.

The dramatic change in the magnitude and sign of the force, coupled with the
steady increase in PMF, indicates to me that some elements of your system are
crashing into one another.  In the absence of an accompanying explanation of
what you're doing (description of system, procedure with .mdp parameters, etc)
that's the best I can offer.

-Justin

> On 07/02/2012 04:27 PM, Kingsley, Laura J wrote:
>> Here is a link to both the PMF profile and the force profile:
>>
>> http://s1064.photobucket.com/albums/u370/laurakingsley/?action=view&current=pull_fig.jpg

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080