[gmx-users] PMF trails off to infinity.

Laura Kingsley lkingsle at purdue.edu
Mon Jul 2 22:51:57 CEST 2012

Basically what I'm doing is pulling a ligand out of a protein towards a
dummy atom, which has a mass of 1 and no charge. I've attached the a
portion .mdp files for both the smd portion and the umbrella sampling. I
know that the ligand gets very close possibly crashing into the dummy
atom. So from what you're saying, I'm thinking  this might be the source
of the problem.

- Laura

###### smd.mdp##########
; Generate velocites is on at 300 K.
gen_vel             = yes
gen_temp            = 300.0
gen_seed            = 123456
;COM PULLING
; Pull type: no, umbrella, constraint or constant_force
pull                    = umbrella
; Pull geometry: distance, direction, cylinder or position
pull_geometry           = distance
; Select components for the pull vector. default: Y Y Y
pull_dim                = Y Y Y
; Cylinder radius for dynamic reaction force groups (nm)
pull_r1                 = 1
; Switch from r1 to r0 in case of dynamic reaction force
pull_r0                 = 1.5
pull_constr_tol = 1e-06
pull_start              = yes
pull_nstxout            = 10
pull_nstfout            = 1
; Number of pull groups
pull_ngroups            = 1
; Group name, weight (default all 1), vector, init, rate (nm/ps),
kJ/(mol*nm^2)
pull_group0             =JJJ
pull_weights0           =
pull_pbcatom0           = 0
pull_group1             = CPZ
pull_weights1           =
pull_pbcatom1           = 0
pull_vec1               =
pull_init1              =
pull_rate1              = -0.0006
pull_k1                 = 800
pull_kB1                =

####### um.mdp ##############
;COM PULLING
; Pull type: no, umbrella, constraint or constant_force
pull                    = umbrella
; Pull geometry: distance, direction, cylinder or position
pull_geometry           = distance
; Select components for the pull vector. default: Y Y Y
pull_dim                = Y Y Y
; Cylinder radius for dynamic reaction force groups (nm)
pull_r1                 = 1
; Switch from r1 to r0 in case of dynamic reaction force
pull_r0                 = 1.5
pull_constr_tol = 1e-06
pull_start              = yes
pull_nstxout            = 100
pull_nstfout            = 100
; Number of pull groups
pull_ngroups            = 1
; Group name, weight (default all 1), vector, init, rate (nm/ps),
kJ/(mol*nm^2)
pull_group0             =JJJ
pull_weights0           =
pull_pbcatom0           = 0
pull_group1             = CPZ
pull_weights1           =
pull_pbcatom1           = 0
pull_vec1               =
pull_init1              = 0
pull_rate1              = 0
pull_k1                 = 1000
pull_kB1                =

--
Laura Kingsley

Graduate Student
Medicinal Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
Purdue University
Office: RHPH 504A
575 Stadium Mall Dr.
West Lafayette, IN 47907