[gmx-users] Re: question about minimisation

reisingere at rostlab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de reisingere at rostlab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Thu Jul 26 13:06:26 CEST 2012

> On 7/26/12 6:07 AM, reisingere at rostlab.informatik.tu-muenchen.de wrote:

>>> This won't work for multiple [moleculetype] entries. See
>>> http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Position_Restraints

>>> http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Include_File_Mechanism
>>>
>>> Mark
>>

>> I just see that the [ position_restraints ] part is included under the
>> [dihedral] and not between the [moleculetype] and the [atom] part. And
>> according to the site you wrote me this is a problem, right? But this
>> was
>> done by gromacs itself. Shell I write it to the [moleculetype] part?
>>

> A [position_restraints] directive belongs to the [moleculetype] in which
> it is
> declared.  The original location of the #include statement produced by
> Gromacs
> is correct; it follows sequentially within the protein [moleculetype].
> Your
> inclusion of the membrane restraint file within the protein [moleculetype]
> is,
> however, incorrect.
>
>> But I can not see why it can not work that I have 2 restriction files?
>> Can
>> you please explain it to me?
>>

> You can have two restraint files for different [moleculetypes] but they
> must be
> organized as such.

okey. So the whole thing with [atoms], [bonds], [dihedral] all contains to
the entry in [moleculetype]  , right?

But directly before I include the membrane restriction file I include the
membrane definition:

#include "amber03.ff/dum.itp"
#ifdef POSRES
#include "posre_memb.itp"
#endif

So I thought that it is directly after the atomtype it belongs to. I
thought that it is the same in the case with the water, where first the
water definition is included and after that the restriction of the water.

Or am I wrong?

I include the dummy atoms definition right after the ions. Or is this the
wrong position?

 4935  4952  4950  4951     4
 4950  4954  4952  4953     4
 4954  4973  4972  4974     4

; Include Position restraint file
#ifdef POSRES
#include "posre.itp"
#endif

; Include water topology
#include "amber03.ff/tip3p.itp"

#ifdef POSRES_WATER
; Position restraint for each water oxygen
[ position_restraints ]
;  i funct       fcx        fcy        fcz
   1    1       1000       1000       1000
#endif

; Include topology for ions
#include "amber03.ff/ions.itp"