[gmx-users] Re: Proper 1-octanol box preparation

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Thu May 3 14:34:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

relating to the picture see:
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Periodic_Boundary_Conditions
It's just a matter of periodic boundary conditions, you don't have two,
but just one cluster of octanol.

What i don't understand is, that your box doesn't collapse (becoming
smaller) if you perfom the NPT simulation. Only thing is that i would
search the value of compressibility of octanol, but this couldn't be the
origin of the problem.

Greetings
Thomas