[gmx-users] jointly-couple lipids to theromstat - MARTINI force-field

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Thu May 3 15:06:47 CEST 2012

The separation of groups for temperature control is originally
necessary to avoid (or correct for) temperature gradient in the
system, which occurs when systems parts have different frequencies of
motions. Typically the water molecules and a protein would be
separated to avoid the freezing of the protein and the heating up of
the solvent.

It would not make much difference to couple the dppc and dppg lipid
groups separately or together. To form a separate group you need a
sufficient amount of particle to avoid large (and therefore more
difficult to control) fluctuations. Ions are generally coupled to the
solvent they are embedded into.

Anirban suggestion is fine.