[gmx-users] Test Particle Insertion

Javier Cerezo jcb1 at um.es
Wed May 16 11:28:28 CEST 2012

About the red curve, I guess fluctuations might be directly related to
volume fluctuations, you can extract the volume over time from g_energy
(boxXX*boxYY**boxZZ) and compare. (just another comment, now I am not
very sure about the "f." that precedes the red line legend..)

About the interpretation of the quantities, the Widom technique does not
provide you with an absolute value of the chemical potential but
directly with the excess chemical potential. So, mu=-kTlog(Ve ^
(U*B)/(V))n+1 is the excess chemical potential, where (if I recall
correctly) U_{n+1} is the the interaction energy  between the inserted
particle and the rest of the system. You don't need (and should not do)
such post-processing operations that you proposed to get the excess
chemical potential.

Javier

30100, Murcia (SPAIN)
T: (0034)868887434