[gmx-users] Force Constants and Unit Systems

Lara Bunte lara.bunte at yahoo.de
Thu May 17 19:33:37 CEST 2012

Hi

>Therefore either they have a potential of the form 1/[Length] or they
>weren't using the term correctly.

But a 1/[lenght] potential, which is a coulomb potential makes no sense for springs, that have a quadratic potential, like V(x) = 1/2 * k * x^2 of a harmonic oscillator.

So that means probably, that the writers of the paper did an error. Could such an error ruin my hole MD? My complete force field parametrization is out of this paper.

Thanks for helping me
Greetings
Lara