[gmx-users] How to install GROMACS in 64-bit?

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed May 30 01:05:46 CEST 2012

On 30/05/2012 1:50 AM, a a wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> I have overlook it.  Sorry.
>
> I have already added the following two sentences in .bashrc file in my
> home directory (when I login as user).
>
> export CPPFLAGS="-I/home/softwares/fftw301/include"
> export LDFLAGS="-L/home/softwares/fftw301/lib"
>
> Should I type in another lines?

They won't help until you start a new shell. Or, instead, use them on
the command line like the installation instructions suggest - since you
don't need these settings on an ongoing basis.

> Did I do any common mistakes in using the command export with .bash shell?
>
> Should I add these two lines at the root directory as it seems I have
> a role as root during installation?

Definitely not. "make install" is the only command for which you should
be root, and only then if the installation location requires it. Unless
you like pain from risking needing to reinstall your trashed system.

Mark