[gmx-users] xmgrace-plotting of g_sas output (averages+standarddeviation)

Marc Hömberger hoembi at gmail.com
Wed May 30 10:58:58 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am currently analyzing a bunch of trajectories and one thing I am doing
is to use g_sas to generate the average and standard deviation per residue.
The resulting xvg file should be formatted for use with xmgrace but I do
not seem to be able to get the standard deviation in the graph. I tried
searching for some hints and also looked through xmgrace's manual but there
was nothing about file format where the second column is the
standardeviation and how to show that in the graph. Can anyone of you maybe
point me in the right direction on how to plot the averages plus the
corresponding standard deviation?

Best
Marc