[gmx-users] Resuming of calculation from last *.cpt

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Sep 15 16:21:06 CEST 2012

On 16/09/2012 12:17 AM, James Starlight wrote:
> In that case I've obtain error
>
> Fatal error:
> Failed to lock: md_init.log. Already running simulation?
>
> What does it means ? the md_init.log is present in the wor dir

Appending to an old run requires that all the filenames are identical
between the two runs. It looks to me like your .log file was called
md_init.log originally. You can use gmxdump -cp on your checkpoint file
to see what the output filenames used to be, and thus what they must now
be called if you want to use appending.

Mark