[gmx-users] Problems in mdrun - CHARMM27

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Sep 20 21:08:45 CEST 2012

On 9/20/12 3:04 PM, Lara Bunte wrote:
> Hello
>
> Could you please take a look on my new pr.mdp file that I created for equilibrating water around lumiflavin. grompp works but I guess there must be something wrong because after grompp I am using mdrun and get this warning:
>
> Warning: 1-4 interaction between 1 and 5 at distance 2.429 which is larger than the 1-4 table size 2.200 nm
> These are ignored for the rest of the simulation
> This usually means your system is exploding,
> if not, you should increase table-extension in your mdp file
> or with user tables increase the table size
>

> step 1: Water molecule starting at atom 8655 can not be settled.
> Check for bad contacts and/or reduce the timestep if appropriate.
> Wrote pdb files with previous and current coordinates
>

> My system is lumiflavin in a dodecahedron box, a tip3p water model and the CHARMM27 force field. This is my pr.mdp file:

You are not using correct settings.  Peter posted these the other day for CHARMM27:

http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2012-September/074717.html

Beyond that, how successful was energy minimization?  How did you derive the
topology?  Does an in vacuo run of just the solute work, or does it fail as well
(implicates an incorrect topology)?

-Justin

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080