[gmx-users] GridMAT

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 17:16:28 CEST 2012

Dear users and admins,

I'm trying to use GridMAT to get the area per lipid and thickness.
To do so I ran this command:

# perl GridMAT-MD.pl param_example

It doesn't give me any valuable output. This error comes out:
Generating the grid...
Your system is bigger in the X-direction
There are 20 grid points in the X direction, spaced every 0.470368421052632 nanometers
There are 19 grid points in the Y direction, spaced every 0.480833333333333 nanometers
Note: the intervals may not be exactly the same in order to have a whole number of grid points

Analyzing the bilayer...
The top leaflet "thickness" will be printed to 20x19_top_pbc.dat
The bottom leaflet "thickness" will be printed to 20x19_bottom_pbc.dat
The average bilayer "thickness" will be printed to 20x19_average_pbc.dat

Calculating area per lipid head group...
Illegal division by zero at GridMAT-MD.pl line 587.

Would you help me please to get the desired results?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Shima