[gmx-users] Gromos force fields and simulation of the alpha-helices membrane proteins

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 09:24:45 CEST 2012

Justin,

I've integrated berger's lipid to the 54A7 force field in accordance
to your tutorial and simple change in my topol.top string to

#include "gromos54a7_lipid.ff/forcefield.itp"

and my simulation has been started without any warnings or errors.

But I'm not sure about Cut-offs in MDP files which I've used from my
simulation with gromos53a6_lipid.ff/

rlist		= 1.2		; short-range neighborlist cutoff (in nm)
rcoulomb	= 1.2		; short-range electrostatic cutoff (in nm)
rvdw		= 1.2		; short-range van der Waals cutoff (in nm)

does this values would be correct in 54A7 ff as well ?

What addition parameters of that ff should I take into account during
simulation of my protein-lipid system ? ( I'm simulate in npt ensemble
with SD integrator withot t_coupl )

James