[gmx-users] pca-based MD

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 08:30:06 CEST 2012

I've tried to make PCA from my X-ray data and forced with many problems :)

Firstly I've made pdb trajectory in NMR-like format ( by means of
pymol) consisted of all X-ray structures.

than I've make .tpr file (From the tpr of the same protein which I've
simulated previously) for the subset of C-alpha atoms common to all
structures

Finally I've tried to calculate eigenvectors
Structure or trajectory file has more atoms (2196) than the topology (302)

Does it mean that all structures in trajectory must have only C-alpha
atoms initialy ?

IS there another way to make tpr as well as pdb trajectory files for
such x-ray PCA?

James