[gmx-users] pca-based MD

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 13:52:39 CEST 2012

I've still made such 'only c-alpha ensemble' of my structures by the
other software and performed x-ray PCA. As the result I've extracted
eigenvectors and obtained reasonable distribution (projection) of the
structures along that eigenvectors.

Now I have questions about pca-biassed MD_run. I've made *.edi file
from eigenvectors calculated based on the c-alpha atoms of my x-ray
ensemble. How I could use it with my system consisted of much more
atoms (full atomic protein + solvent) than smaller c-alpha subset of
the x-ray data (only c-alpha atoms from the same protein) ?
i.e if I run mdrun -v -deffnm MD -ei sam.edi

I obtain error about mismatching of atom number from the edi as well
as system.tpr .
Is there any way to extrapolate number of atoms in the sam.edi ?

James