[gmx-users] Reg mpirun error

vidhya sankar scvsankar_agr at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 31 13:47:50 CEST 2013

Thank you justin for your reply

The error I have pasted here (also pasted in previous mail)
is total screen ouptut. No further output as you stated in previous mail( The real error is further up in the
screen output or in the .log file.)

 [hinditron at compute002 gromacs-plumed-cpu-input]$ mpirun -np 8
-machinefile ~/myhosts mdrun_mpi -s CNTPEPRSOLIONSfullcputest.tpr   -v
-deffnm CNTPEPRSOLIONSfull -cpt 2

> I have eceived the error as follows
> Sisters Have Always Fascinated Me" (Speech)
> Error on node 3, will try to stop all the nodes
> Halting parallel program mdrun_mpi on CPU 3 out of 8
> Halting parallel program mdrun_mpi on CPU 4 out of 8
> gcq#33: "Sisters Have Always Fascinated Me" (Speech)
> [cli_6]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, -1) - process 6
> gcq#33: "Sisters Have Always Fascinated Me" (Speech)
> gcq#33: "Sisters Have Always Fascinated Me" (Speech)
> [cli_3]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, -1) - process 3
> [cli_2]:
> gcq#33: "Sisters Have Always Fascinated Me" (Speech)
> [cli_5]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, -1) - process 5
> aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, -1) - process 2
> gcq#33: "Sisters Have Always Fascinated Me" (Speech)
> [cli_4]: aborting job:
> application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, -1) - process 4

> =   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
> =   EXIT CODE: 65280
> =   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
> =   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES

 you Mailed me this is generic mpirun  error (These are generic mpirun failure messages)  But No error message shown in .log file

Could you please help to solve this error?

With Regards
S.Vidhyasankar