[gmx-users] Help with modified gmx_covar

rohitarora rohitarora10 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 11:05:09 CEST 2013

Dear Gmx users,

I need to ask you about a doubt I have regarding changing an analysis tool
in Gromacs. More specifically g_covar. I found the modified source code for
gmx_covar.c [ gmx_covar.c
<http://gromacs.5086.x6.nabble.com/file/n5008825/gmx_covar.c>  ] and I would
like to replace the current g_covar with modified one. I copied the source
code in the src/tools directory and built g_covar

cp gmx_covar.c ../softwares/gromacs4.5.6/src/tools
make
(or make g_covar)

It runs fine, but when I run g_covar again, it gives me the old options. The
new one should have more flags in addition to the old ones, like:
-clog
-xpmc (you can find them in source code)

Does anyone know if I am missing something? If someone could briefly tell me
the steps, I would really appreciate it.

Best
Rohit