[gmx-users] restraints on water oxygen atoms

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Jun 10 17:52:51 CEST 2013

On 6/10/13 11:44 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
> When I look into the earlier gro file ( with APL even higher than 10% of desired APL), I still see some lipid residues in improper places, forexample in phenyl rings. How can I go on with it? If I choose the gro file without any overlap, the APL becomes very high and it would not be acceptable.
> Do you still suggest not to delete lipids manually?

I don't see how that's possible, quite honestly.  If the initial deletion radius
was sufficient, then lipid molecules shouldn't force their way through phenyl
rings - the forces required would be astronomical.

I don't have any details of your protocol, so it's hard to comment further.  If
things are getting jammed together this badly, you should probably be shrinking
more slowly than you currently are.

I never advocate for manual deletion of lipids, because, as you can see from
experience, doing so creates a world of problems during equilibration.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080