[gmx-users] problem vwith ethanol-water solution

Ehsan Sadeghi esa38 at sfu.ca
Fri Nov 1 00:03:29 CET 2013

Thanks Justin,

Here is the steps that I followed:

pdb2gmx -f eth.pdb -o eth.gro -p eth.top

pdb2gmx -f ionomer-4.pdb -o ionomer4.gro -p ionomer4.top

editconf -f ionomer4.gro -o box.gro -bt dodecahedron -d 0.5

genbox -cp box.gro -cs spc216.gro -ci eth.gro -nmol 1000 -o solvated.gro

I got the box with ionomer in ethanol and water solution. However, I only have 400 of eth and 423 water molecule. The box wasn't large enough?

What should I do with .top file? I have the .top file for ionomer and .top file for one eth molecule.

Kind regards,
Ehsan