[gmx-users] Gibbs Energy Calculation and charges

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Nov 1 17:50:14 CET 2013

Dear Dallas:

Seems like you could test Michael's idea by removing all 1-4 NB interactions from your topology. It won't produce any biologically useful results, but might be a worthwhile check to see if indeed this is the issue.

To do this, I figure you would set gen-pairs to "no" in the [ defaults ] directive of forcefield.itp, remove the [ pairtypes ] section from ffnonbonded.itp, and remove the [ pairs ] section from your molecular .itp file. (You can quickly check that the 1-4 energy is zero in all states to ensure that this works).

If that gives you the result that you expect, then you could go on to explicitely state the 1-4 interactions for the A and B states (I presume that this is possible). Of course, you should be able to jump directly to this second test, but the first test might be useful because it rules out the possibility that you make a typo somewhere.

Chris.