[gmx-users] Re: trjconv for pbc

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Nov 2 17:35:34 CET 2013

On 11/2/13 12:25 PM, rankinb wrote:
> Here are the steps that I used:
>
> 1.  trjconv -pbc whole -dump 37.875
> 2.  trjconv -pbc nojump
> 3.  trjconv -center
> 4.  g_select to make an index containing the atoms of interest
> 5.  trjconv to extract coordinates
>
> Regardless of whether step 1 is used or not, the resulting coordination
> shell configuration is not complete in the sense that it looks like the
> figure I posted previously.  In all steps, I used the same .tpr file...is it
> possible that I need to generate a new one after step 1?

1. trjconv -center -pbc mol -dump 37.875

As long as you're choosing an appropriate index group here (i.e., the single
solute molecule of interest), you should not need any further invocations of
trjconv before extracting coordinates.  Pop open the resulting coordinate file
in your favorite visualization software and verify.  It should be very obvious
if it worked as expected.

2. Make selection
3. Extract

Postdoctoral Fellow