[gmx-users] Gentle heating with implicit solvent

Gianluca Interlandi gianluca at u.washington.edu
Mon Nov 4 20:25:32 CET 2013

Dear Mark,

Sorry for replying to an older thread. We are trying to perform implicit
solvent simulations of protein G with CHARMM27 in gromacs. We are trying
to trouble shoot why the protein unfolds after already 2 ns of dynamics.
We use simulated annealing for the heating with 1 fs time step. The
thermostat is v_rescale and OBC is the GBSA algorithm. Do you have any
suggestions what we could improve? You mention using a sub-fs time step
for the equilibration. Do you still use LINCS? Do you use simulated
annealing to heat up the system or do you just apply position restraints
to the heavy atoms?

Thanks,

      Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca at u.washington.edu