[gmx-users] stopped simulation

Ehsan Sadeghi esa38 at sfu.ca
Wed Nov 6 18:53:52 CET 2013

Hi gmx users,

I have simulated ionomer in water solution using gromos force field. But in middle of simulation(after 2 ns) the simulation stopped and I received these messages:

WARNING: Listed nonbonded interaction between particles 174 and 188
at distance 3f which is larger than the table limit 3f nm.

This is likely either a 1,4 interaction, or a listed interaction inside
a smaller molecule you are decoupling during a free energy calculation.
Since interactions at distances beyond the table cannot be computed,
they are skipped until they are inside the table limit again. You will
only see this message once, even if it occurs for several interactions.

IMPORTANT: This should not happen in a stable simulation, so there is
probably something wrong with your system. Only change the table-extension
distance in the mdp file if you are really sure that is the reason.

Fatal error:
1 particles communicated to PME node 5 are more than 2/3 times the cut-off out of the domain decomposition cell of their charge group in dimension y.
This usually means that your system is not well equilibrated.

----
I used simulated annealing for equilibrating the system in NVT and NPT condition. The mdp files are:

---- NVT ------

define     = -DPOSRES
integrator = md
dt         = 0.002 ; time step (in ps)
nsteps     = 25000 ; Maximum number of steps to perform

; OUTPUT CONTROL OPTIONS
nstxout    = 500
nstvout    = 500
nstenergy  = 500
nstlog     = 500
energygrps = Non-Water Water

; NEIGHBORSEARCHING PARAMETERS

nstlist    = 1
ns_type    = grid
rlist      = 1.5
pbc        = xyz

; OPTIONS FOR ELECTROSTATICS AND VDW

coulombtype= PME
pme_order  = 4
fourierspacing= 0.16
rcoulomb   = 1.5
vdw-type   = Cut-off
rvdw       = 1.5

; Temperature coupling

tcoupl     = v-rescale
tc-grps    = Non-Water Water
tau_t      = 0.1    0.1
ref_t      = 300    300
; Dispersion correction
DispCorr   = EnerPres
; Pressure coupling is off
pcoupl     = no

; Annealing

annealing   = single single
annealing-npoints = 5  5
annealing-time = 0 10 20 30 40 0 10 20 30 40
annealing-temp = 300 320 340 360 380 300 320 340 360 380

; GENERATE VELOCITIES FOR STARTUP RUN
gen_vel    = yes
gen_temp   = 300
gen_seed   = -1

; OPTIONS FOR BONDS
constraints = ; all-bonds
continuation= no
constraint_algorithm = lincs
lincs_iter = 1
lincs_order= 4

--------- NPT ------------

define     = -DPOSRES
integrator = md
dt         = 0.002
nsteps     = 25000

; OUTPUT CONTROL OPTIONS
nstxout    = 500
nstvout    = 500
nstfout    = 500
nstenergy  = 500
nstlog     = 500
energygrps = Non-Water Water

; NEIGHBORSEARCHING PARAMETERS

nstlist    = 5
ns_type    = grid
rlist      = 1.5
pbc        = xyz

; OPTIONS FOR ELECTROSTATICS AND VDW

coulombtype= PME
pme_order  = 4
fourierspacing= 0.16
rcoulomb   = 1.5
vdw-type   = Cut-off
rvdw       = 1.5

; Temperature coupling

tcoupl     = v-rescale
tc-grps    = Non-Water Water
tau_t      = 0.1    0.1
ref_t      = 300    300
; Dispersion correction
DispCorr   = EnerPres

pcoupl     = Parrinello-Rahman
Pcoupltype = Isotropic
tau_p      = 2.0
compressibility = 4.5e-5
ref_p      = 1.0
refcoord_scaling = com

; Annealing

annealing   = single single
annealing-npoints = 5  5
annealing-time = 0 10 20 30 40 0 10 20 30 40
annealing-temp = 380 360 340 320 300 380 360 340 320 300

; GENERATE VELOCITIES FOR STARTUP RUN
gen_vel    = no

; OPTIONS FOR BONDS
constraints = ; all-bonds
continuation= yes ;continuation from NVT
constraint_algorithm = lincs
lincs_iter = 1
lincs_order= 4

Is the equilibration time is long enough? I appreciate any help/suggestion regarding my case.

Kind regards,
Ehsan