[gmx-users] DSSP output

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Nov 7 14:26:49 CET 2013

On 11/7/13 8:24 AM, Anirban wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>
> Is there any way to get the percentage of each secondary structural content
> of a protein using do_dssp if I supply a single PDB to it?

The output of scount.xvg has the percentages, but it's also trivial to do it for
one snapshot.  The contents of scount.xvg are the number of residues present in
each type of secondary structure, and you know the total number of residues...

> And how to plot the data of the -sc output from do_dssp?

Like any multiple data set.  xmgrace -nxy

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601